Our client is tier 1 Pureplay (Swiss Private Bank) looking for two headcounts in the regulatory compliance team: Compliance Monitoring, VP or Director and Regulatory Compliance Advisory VP.
1) Compliance Monitoring, VP or Director
- Through the establishment of effective 2LOD monitoring framework and plan, ensure the Bank is conducting its business activities in compliance with regulatory requirements and expectations. Assessment would include the effectiveness of 1.5LOD monitoring activities.
- Perform annual risk assessment to identify key risk areas that need to be monitored.
- Compliance Monitoring and Testing
- Track for timely resolution of audit/inspection/external review findings that are owned by Compliance.
- Report status of resolution to Head of Compliance and relevant committees.
2) Regulatory Compliance Advisory VP
- Independently manage regulatory reporting such as self-assessments, surveys, notifications and other submissions
- Handle staff licensing and enquiries from regulators, ensure they are timely and accurately addressed
- Participate in regulatory-driven projects such as process change and system enhancements
- Handle customer complaints and other ad-hoc compliance-related matters
- Monitor regulatory changes, disseminate regulatory requirements and track effective regulatory implementation
- Participate in/lead regulatory-driven projects such as process change and system enhancements
- Assist on-going internal policies and procedures review in accordance with applicable regulatory requirements and sound bank culture
- Assist in audit, inspects, regulatory reviews and investigations when required
- Prepare management information and reports
- Provide / assist to provide training, enhance awareness and clear understanding of regulatory and compliance requirements
- Ensure proper records are maintained for regulatory correspondence and compliance work performed
- Provide compliance advice to business and other stakeholders
- Assist Head of Compliance to execute other aspects of compliance program when required
JOB REQUIREMENTS FOR BOTH ROLES
- Previous working experience as a Compliance officer at a private bank if preferred
- Relevant Bachelor's degree in Business administration, Risk, and Law
- 8+ years of solid working experience in Banking Compliance
- Solid understanding in HKMA & SFC
- Fluent English and team player