Are you a seasoned professional with a passion for ensuring organizational adherence to laws and regulations? Our Client is in search of a dynamic Chief Compliance Officer (CCO) to join their team and lead our compliance efforts. As the CCO, you'll play a pivotal role in upholding their commitment to legal and regulatory compliance across all facets of our operations.
- Provide expert guidance to company leadership regarding evolving state and federal legal requirements.
- Lead the formulation of short- and long-term compliance strategies, overseeing their implementation, and assessing their effectiveness.
- Collaborate with key stakeholders to execute compliance strategies and action plans.
- Develop and implement policies aligned with federal and state laws, keeping the organization at the forefront of compliance practices.
- Drive the creation of comprehensive compliance training programs to educate employees and management about relevant laws and standards.
- Foster effective relationships with regulators, coordinating audits, reviews, and examinations.
- Cultivate a culture of transparency by establishing protocols for reporting suspected improprieties, without the fear of retaliation.
- Conduct internal compliance reviews and monitoring activities, partnering with department leaders.
- Independently investigate and address compliance-related matters.
- Generate regular compliance reports for senior management and the Board, ensuring transparency and accountability.
- Stay updated on industry trends, emerging issues, and regulatory changes to maintain the compliance department's reputation.
- Bachelor's degree (JD a plus).
- Over 15 years of experience in roles closely aligned with the outlined responsibilities, particularly in consumer financial services.
- Preferred experience in smaller company settings that facilitate efficient decision-making.
- Proficiency in risk assessment, controls development, training, monitoring, and reporting.
- Demonstrated ability to handle confidential information and make independent judgments.
- Strong knowledge of local, state, and federal consumer financial laws, especially in relation to automobile finance.
- Proven aptitude for policy and procedure development.
- Excellent supervisory, leadership, and employee development skills.
- Analytical thinker with a knack for interpreting and presenting complex data effectively.
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills, adaptable to various audiences.
- Familiarity with federal and state employment regulations.
- Adept at understanding and implementing compliance systems and controls.
- Relevant experience in the automotive industry.
- Experience in consumer electronics, software, or internet sectors is a plus.