Larson Maddox's client is looking for a AVP to join their legal & compliance team where you will play a pivotal role in ensuring the company's adherence to state and federal laws governing the insurance industry, with a focus on individual life insurance and annuities. Uphold the highest standards of market conduct, disclosure, fair-play, and integrity, while keeping employees well-informed on legal matters relevant to our business operations.
- Monitor, interpret, and disseminate information on insurance laws and regulations.
- Implement necessary procedures to ensure compliance with regulatory requirements.
- Develop and maintain compliance testing and internal auditing functions.
- Conduct audits in departments with direct external customer communication to prevent market conduct violations.
- Identify compliance risk areas and report Enterprise Risk Management (ERM) data quarterly.
- Compile, analyze, and report Market Conduct Annual Statement (MCAS) data to the NAIC.
- Manage state market conduct exams and respond to regulatory requests for data.
- Oversee policy form development, revisions, and filing with regulatory bodies.
- Review advertising materials for compliance with state practices, laws, and regulations.
- Investigate and resolve formal and informal complaints from customers and state agencies.
- Maintain a complaint log/file and report as necessary.
- Manage appointing and licensing activities for life sales representatives and internal employees.
- Serve as the company's Division Records Manager and contribute to the Records Retention Task Force.
- Oversee anti-money laundering (AML) training and report potential violations to senior management.
- Act as the primary contact with state insurance and other regulatory officials.
- Represent the company in industry associations and councils.
- Juris Doctorate degree preferred
- Expertise in legal and/or regulatory compliance
- FLMI, AIRC, CLU, or equivalent education/experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong management, organizational, and research skills
- Proficient in Excel and Microsoft Office
- 10+ years' experience with a life insurance company
Perks and Benefits:
- Paid vacation, holidays, and sick days
- Competitive salaries and exceptional benefits
- Generous leave programs, including paid parental bonding leave
- Medical, dental, vision coverage, short- and long-term disability, and life insurance
- Student Loan Repayment and Tuition Reimbursement programs
- Fitness and wellness reimbursement
- Generous retirement benefits
- Employee community involvement
- Strong relationships and opportunities for advancement in a successful and growing company