Our client is seeking a talented Regulatory Relations Associate to join their Regulatory Relations team and play a pivotal role in ensuring compliance and regulatory excellence. In this position, you will be responsible for providing robust analytical support to our U.S. Regulatory Relations Governance team. Your primary focus will be on regulatory reviews (exams) and generating various weekly, monthly, and quarterly reports. You will also oversee thier 2nd Line of Defense (2LOD) Regulatory Issues Management processes. If you're a detail-oriented professional with a deep understanding of regulatory matters and a passion for clear communication, we encourage you to apply.
Internal Reporting & Issues Management:
- Deliver analytical support across all U.S. entities.
- Serve as a central point of contact for regulatory exam reporting, addressing queries, resolving issues, and providing training.
- Create and distribute management updates, including metrics and meeting materials.
- Summarize and compile reports on exam activities and issues for regulatory bodies and internal stakeholders.
- Assist in crafting the Monthly Regulatory Engagement Calendar.
- Manage reporting requests from Board-level committees and produce high-level briefings for senior management.
- Collaborate with cross-functional partners to ensure coherent, insightful, and transparent communications to senior leadership.
- Support enterprise-wide reporting initiatives, such as RegComp, by maintaining records of regulatory exams, issues, and investigations.
- Track regulatory risk through a monthly metrics report, highlighting U.S. Regulatory Relations trends and examination insights.
- Contribute to the development and enhancement of our department's inquiry and exam recordkeeping system (SAI360), working closely with the vendor.
- Assist in implementing improvements for a consistent U.S. Regulatory Issues Management strategy aligned with enterprise standards and regulatory expectations.
- Develop thematic observations, draw conclusions, and propose recommendations to management regarding issues originating from regulators and other stakeholders.
- Undertake special projects as assigned by management.
- Establish and maintain department documentation, including manuals, training materials, and communications.
- Act as the point of contact for industry-wide best practices discussions and initiatives.
- In-depth regulatory expertise (minimum 5 years).
- Exceptional judgment and analytical skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication abilities.
- Effective organizational skills, including the ability to prioritize tasks and meet deadlines.
- Proficiency in risk analysis and the ability to assess potential organizational issues.
- Experience working with regulatory bodies and in a team-oriented environment.
- Meticulous attention to detail and accuracy.
- Thorough knowledge of broker dealer rules and regulations.
- Bachelor's degree required, Master's degree preferred.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and other Microsoft Office applications.
- Prior experience in exam management is a plus.
Authority, Impact, and Risk:
This role carries significant regulatory and reputational impact.
- Collaborate closely with U.S. Regulatory Relations reporting and key management personnel.
- Engage with various stakeholders across U.S. Compliance
- Regularly interact with Global Compliance central functions, particularly the Enterprise Reporting team.
- Act as a liaison with senior leadership and external third parties