VP, Registered Funds Counsel - Elite Investment Management Firm
An elite Global Investment Management Firm is seeking a Vice President, Counsel to join its Legal and Compliance Department in their New York City office. This is a growth hire for the firm and this individual will be a key point of contact advising the business on the launch of newly registered fund products. In addition, the Vice President, Counsel will provide regulatory and reporting support under the '40 Act and '34 Act and assist with other legal matters across the Global Investment Management Firm's business verticals.
- Support the launch of newly registered fund products such as closed-end, interval funds, BDCs etc.
- Draft fund formation documents, complete regulatory filings and negotiate agreements with key service providers.
- Support corporate governance and reporting obligations across the firm's registered fund products.
- Responsible for periodic reporting under the '40 Act and '34 Act (10-K, 10-Q and 8-K)
- Provide regulatory advice for transaction activity and the execution of transactions.
- Ability to manage outside counsel and handle special projects as they arise.
- J.D., Top Law School
- 5+ years of experience coming directly from Big Law or within a similar in-house environment.
- Extensive knowledge of the Investment Company Act of 1940 and experience with filings and reporting under Securities Exchange Act of 1934.
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely with executive presence and work collaboratively in an entrepreneurial, fast-paced environment.
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple demands and projects simultaneously.
If you're ready to join a prestigious and dynamic team, please apply now for immediate consideration.