A leading international bank is seeking an Attorney to join their legal team of six as a Transaction Banking Counsel. This position offers excellent exposure to the Bank, variety of work, and ability to work as part of a small, close-knit team. You will provide Legal coverage for US businesses within Global Banking and Transaction Banking and general Legal support for all US / Americas / New York law matters as needed.
- Provide secondary Legal coverage on matters related to trade finance, including L/C issuance and reimbursement matters, pre-shipment finance, FI trade loans and advances, borrowing base trade loans, import finance, invoice financing (import and export), supplier finance and receivable purchase.
- Global Banking secondary Legal coverage on syndicated loans as lender or agent; use of LSTA form or other standard form loan documentation), SWIFT loans (not for trade purposes), loan originations, and bilateral loans.
- Full range of legal support for Global Banking and Transaction Banking matter and business teams, including, but not limited to, direct negotiations with clients and their counsels. Legal review and negotiation of Non-Disclosure Agreements (NDA's) across all functions.
- Provide additional functions within Americas as needed, to support the wholesale banking businesses provided in the Region.
- Familiarity with LSTA form loan documentation.
- 5+ years of prior law firm or in-house experience in the transaction banking space
- JD or other equivalent law degree
- Admitted to practice law in New York preferred
Don't hesitate to apply if interested in discussing the position further!