A top publicly traded life science company is currently seeking a Senior Director, Legal Counsel. The Boston based company is looking for a Sr. Attorney focused on Commercial Programs and Market Access. This Senior Director will work cross functionally with the Patient Services, Health Systems Directors, and Market Access team to push the business forward.
The ideal candidate will have vast experience with healthcare law and knowledge of GPO, PBM, patient support programs, field reimbursement and pharmacy benefit coverage amongst other areas of coverage. Due to the seniority level of this role, it will report directly to the Vice President of Legal and work directly with the US Market Access team to grow and expand their product access.
- Provide legal support across range of healthcare law issues including market access.
- Act as business partner to multiple teams including US Market Access, Channel & Patient Services and HS teams.
- Participate in leadership meetings to provide senior leadership with proactive counseling and solution development strategies.
- Work in tandem with Compliance to ensure market access initiatives, patient support services, partner operations, advisory board proposals, etc. comply with company policy as well as applicable laws and regulations. These include, Anti-Kickback Statue, antitrust, and FDA requirements.
- Advises on matters pertaining to pharmacy and medical benefit coverage and reimbursement such as Medicaid, Medicare, and the Veterans Care Act
- JD and in active good standing of a state bar
- 10+ years of experience specifically in the life science space including both in-house and firm experience
- Past advisory on legal matters to senior leadership in the development and implementation of sales for pharmaceuticals
- Experience managing outside counsel
- Prior experience advising on regulations, statutes, and provide advice applicable to discount, pricing and, federal and state anti-kickback statutes, state drug transparency law