A national renewable energy company that focuses on the development of energy storage and solar projects from start to finish is looking to grow their legal team by adding a Senior Commercial Counsel. The Senior Commercial Counsel will have the opportunity to join a rapidly growing company that creates cleaner energy for a brighter future. The Commercial Counsel will be a part of an innovative company that truly cares about all of their employees and offers amazing benefits.
This is an extremely unique position with a company that can pay competitively. If you are looking to join and innovative, established company, please don't hesitate to apply
The Senior Commercial Counsel should be familiar with:
- All facets dealing with development, construction, and operations of renewable power, energy storage projects, or infrastructure
- Regulatory awareness of the power markets including: FERC, NERC, and ERCOT
- Experience with real estate transactions in the context of renewable project development
The Commercial Counsel will be responsible for:
- Assist with legal matters regarding project development, financing, and construction.
- Drafting, reviewing, and negotiating project development agreements including: EPC, O&M, and PILOT agreements
- Certain financing, environmental, compliance and regulatory matters.
- Negotiate major procurement for supply, construction, operations, & maintenance agreements
The Commercial Counsel should have the following qualification:
- JD Degree
- Licensed to practice law in any-state
- 3-10 years of energy-related legal experience
- Experience with commercial engineering contracts