We have partnered with a leading Global Investment Bank in NYC that is seeking a funds attorney to spearhead the Legal function of one of the firm's most important units, the Asset Management group. In this position, you will help guide fund formation activities, support advisory programs with key clients, and assist with regulatory work as needed. This is a high-visibility role within the business as you will be frequently interacting with senior stakeholders, and as such provides tremendous growth potential. This role will sit in New York City under a hybrid model.
- Prepare, review, and amend all advisory agreements for Asset Management group products.
- Guide fund formation activities for the group (investment management agreements, side letters)
- Coordinate with Asset Management Compliance group on policies and procedures and assist with compliance manual updates, periodic training, and regulatory matters
- Coordinate with counsel to registered fund and counsel to independent directors of registered fund and offshore funds. Review materials for board meetings and filings for registered fund
- Manage outside counsel on all other legal matters for the group
- JD degree from an accredited law school
- Excellent academic credentials, writing analytical and negotiation skills
- Minimum 7+ years of relevant experience (law firm, in-house or both)
- Current member of the New York State Bar and in good standing
**NYC base salary: $200,000 - $240,000**