A Global Private Investment firm with a very well-respected name in the industry is seeking a Deputy General Counsel to head up their Wealth arm as the lead counsel reporting into the businesses CEO and the firm's Global General Counsel. The Deputy General Counsel will have deep experience across a variety of Registered Funds and a subject matter expert on the Investment Company Act of 1940. This individual will be joining one of the firm's fastest growing businesses and offer the opportunity to be an active participant in the growth and strategic direction advising senior leadership. This Deputy General Counsel will be someone who thrives in an entrepreneurial environment, who is business-oriented, as well as legal minded.
Qualifications of the Deputy General Counsel:
- JD, Accredited Law School
- 10+ years of experience, gained at a law firm and/or in-house financial services environment; Experience with an Investment Manager is a plus
- Strong knowledge of matters relating to the Investment Company Act of 1940 and the Investment Advisers Act of 1940.
- Experience with registered funds, mutual funds, private wealth funds, including investment company disclosures, regulatory requirements and fund structuring.
- Ability to build-out a legal department and advise business leadership on strategy; prior experience managing teams of lawyers.
- Stay abreast of the ongoing regulatory changes within the Wealth space
- Draft, review and negotiate a variety of transactions and agreements
- Ability to manage outside counsel and take lead on special projects
This position will be hybrid out of Charlotte, North Carolina. Relocation assistance will be provided.
If you find this ad relevant to your experience and skills please apply, if not feel free to pass it around to anyone in your network that may be interested.