We have partnered with an International Investment Management firm currently searching for a legal professional with a background in financial services and or mutual funds. This individual will be an essential part of the team, responsible for evaluating, monitoring, and resolving any legal issues that may arise while providing administrative services to clients. This can include tasks such as disclosure/registration services and corporate secretarial/governance assistance, as well as providing support for other regulatory or legal needs. The position has a hybrid office model and will be based out of the firm's office in Boston.
- Provide daily support for the preparation of regulatory filings and documents related to mutual fund corporate governance.
- Develop an understanding of the funds and regulatory framework involved
- Draft and edit various disclosure documents, including prospectuses, SAIs, supplements, proxy and information statements, 24f-2s and Part C
- Coordinate filing using EDGAR system, maintain tickler files and calendars to coordinate workflow and adhere to project timelines, due dates, and regulatory deadlines.
- Coordinate the preparation, drafting/editing, review, and compilation of various memoranda, corporate governance documents, charter documents, contracts, procedures, and materials for Board and/or Committee meetings related to assigned mutual funds
- 2+ years of mutual fund paralegal/legal administration experience
- Knowledge of legal requirements for mutual fund governance and registration
- Possess strong organizational, problem-solving, and communication skills
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office products and legal research tools, project management skills