An industry leading publicly traded Biotechnology firm is looking to expand their legal team in Boston! The organization is currently looking to bring on a Chief Intellectual Property Counsel to help expand the legal team and employ advanced IP strategy. This individual will work alongside the Chief Legal Officer and Chief Science Officer to help strategize all intellectual property matters. If you are looking to help build out a legal team, there's no better opportunity then this one! They offer great work life balance, professional development, and growth.
About the Role:
- Working with the Research and Development team to identify and protect all new Intellectual Property matters
- Proven track record and performance of IP Strategy, diligence, and transactions in biologics
- Work alongside the senior scientists and advisory boards and cross functionally with vendors to
- Manage and assist with the preparation and prosecution of patent applications relating to adjuvants, antibodies, cell therapies, vaccines, and platform innovations.
- Responsible for the patent portfolio such as drafting, negotiating, and filing both with in-house and external resources
- Review agreements, with regards to ownership and publications of intellectual property matters
- 10+ Years of Patent and Intellectual Property experience in the Biotechnology or Pharmaceutical industry
- D. in Immunology (preferred)
- D. and active member in good standing of Massachusetts bar (preferred)
- Background in oncology, immunology and targeted protein degradation is a plus
Please do not hesitate to apply and we will reach out to discuss the role in further detail!