A reputable insurance institution is looking to add an Assistant General Counsel of Securities to its legal team in Chicago. The position will focus on public securities, financial services, and corporate governance matters.
In this role you will be offered exposure to high-level legal experiences at a publicly traded organization and work alongside the General Counsel.
This will provide exciting and challenging work, with a path for professional growth opportunities in the commercial insurance and financial services sector.
- Advising on public securities laws ('33 and '34 Acts) and trade policies
- Overseeing the preparation of SEC filings, including 10-Ks, 10-Qs, 8K, Forms 3, 4, and 5, and Proxy and public filings
- Drafting and negotiating agreements, while partnering on complex transactional matters
- Managing and building client relationships to ensure client satisfaction
- Frequently interacting with the board of directors and C-Suite executives to advise on corporate governance and secretarial matters
- Researching new financial market trends and providing any necessary regulatory updates as needed
- 7+ years of legal experience as an in-house counsel or within a top tier law firm, with a focus on public SEC matters
- Direct working experience with the '33 and '34 Acts and SEC regulations
- J.D. and admission to the Illinois State Bar is required
- Competitive salary with eligibility for annual merit bonus
- Full Benefits (medical/dental/vision/401k)
- Flexible Hybrid work scedule
Please apply by clicking the link above for immediate consideration!