A Global investment management firm is seeking to add a Tax Counsel to their successful and expanding legal department. This individual will be a key hire in supporting the global credit tax team in New York. You will have the ability to work closely with multiple verticals across the business including Investor Relations, Finance & Accounting, and Operations. This is an exciting opportunity to be part of collaborative environment with exponential growth.
- Review and comment on tax aspects for a variety of deal agreements
- Advise the deal team on tax structure for potential investment opportunities
- Provide tax support for a variety of transactions both in US and in EU, including securitization, asset-back financing, and licensing arrangements.
- Partner with outside counsel & advisors on transactions
- Advise the Finance, Accounting & Operations team on tax aspects of fund entities and investments
- JD from a top tier Law school
- 4-8 years of experience at a top-tier law firm or in-house within a corporate or investment management legal or tax department.
- Experience with tax practice areas for M&A, joint venture, securitization and financing
- Experience with EU transactions and non-US withholding tax analysis plus
If you are interested in the VP, Tax Counsel role feel free to reach out with an updated copy of your resume.