We are currently partnering with a Global Commercial Bank that is seeking a regulatory banking lawyer to join their expanding legal team. You will work directly with the global head of legal regulatory and have the ability to collaborate across multiple verticals within the business. You will have the ability to advise and support the banking regulatory team with all corporate and control functions on banking regulations, applications and approvals, investments, AML/OFAC compliance, and related regulatory matters. This is an exciting opportunity to join a firm that has a reputable name in the industry and has a long-standing history of success.
- Act as the supporting banking lawyer working alongside the Global Head on all legal matters relating to the Banking regulatory team.
- Play a lead role in advising lines of business on best practices that help minimize legal and litigation risk
- Lead highly complex and sensitive negotiations
- Advise on relevant legislation, regulation, and supervisory guidance; assesses impact to the Bank; and partners with relevant Control Functions and business partners to coordinate Bank responses and implementation strategies
- JD from a top tier Law school
- 6+ years of experience at a top-tier law firm or in-house environment focusing on regulatory banking matters
- Knowledge with federal and state transactional and regulatory banking laws
If you are interested in the Senior Counsel (Regulatory) position, feel free to reach out with an updated copy of your resume.