A global biotech company is looking to add a dedicated Patent Counsel to their legal team. This attorney will focus on litigating and managing internal patent preparation and prosecution, managing IP matters and disputes, and due diligence in support of business development transactions. This position is essential in helping their US legal team expand, while working collaboratively across the globe from a litigation standpoint. Do you want to join or continue your growth in the Life Sciences industry, especially at an indusutry leading company? Is so, please reach out to learn more!
The Patent Counsel will be responsible for:
- Strategically manage worldwide intellectual property portfolio for in-licensed and solely owned IP.
- Implement and lead IP strategies for R&D project teams acting as their advisor on IP relates issues.
- Manage and support IP disputes, litigation, oppositions, and formulating IP litigation strategies.
- Manage outside counsel budget and performences.
- Report directly to the Head of Intellectual Property.
The Patent Counsel should have the following qualifications:
- Juris Doctor (JD) and admission to any state bar.
- 8+ years of experience as an attorney.
- Candidates with in-house and/or law firm experience welcome.
- Life Sciences industry experience preferred.
- Experience in biologic patents is preferred
- Current hybrid work schedule.
- Competitive Compensation including Bonus and Equity.
- Great internal growth opportunity.
If you are interested in the Patent Counsel role, then please don't wait to apply.