One of Chicago's top Real Estate Capital is looking for a Legal Counsel - focusing on Energy & Infrastructure. The position will be based in Chicago. For further information about this position please apply!
- Focus on the development, financing, acquisition, disposition and restructuring of energy and infrastructure projects.
- Draft, review and negotiate term sheets, LOIs, purchase and sale agreements, power purchase agreements, project finance documents, tax equity documents and other energy and infrastructure related documents; supervise outside counsel as appropriate.
- Negotiation of complex commercial agreements.
- Management and negotiation of standard business agreements, such as non-disclosure agreements, engagement letters, and third party service agreements.
- Supporting the legal department's knowledge management initiatives and assist in the implementation of policies and procedures.
- A J.D. from an accredited law school and admittance in good standing with at least one state bar, Illinois preferred, and strong academic credentials
- 3+ years' general energy, infrastructure, project finance and/or M&A experience at a top tier law firm or in-house with a mid-sized or large company
- A solid track record of responsibility for independently reviewing, structuring, drafting, negotiating and managing documents associated with energy and infrastructure transactions and ownership
- An ability to analyze, interpret, and present complex legal ideas and concepts in a clear and concise fashion