An exciting Health Organization is looking to bring in a General Counsel to lead its legal team. This is a very exciting opportunity to lead the legal department for a company that does incredible work for people in need. This person will work heavily in the Medicaid space with payors and risk-based deals, as well as other regulatory issues. A strong ability and passion for negotiating agreements will be needed in this position. They are offering a hybrid work schedule based out of corporate offices in either Nashville or Houston.
The General Counsel will be responsible for:
- Providing legal advice for all department leaders.
- Extensive work with Medicaid and negotiating payor contracts.
- Work on all regulatory issues and mitigating legal risk across the organization.
- Handling a variety of contract issues.
The General Counsel should have the following qualifications:
- J.D from an accredited Law School.
- 10-15 years of experience in healthcare is required.
- Extensive experience working with Medicaid and negotiating payor agreements.
- Previous experience handling regulatory issues for a health organization.
- Both law firm and in-house experience is preferred.
- Extensive hybrid/remote work flexibility.
- Strong company culture with a developed and well-run legal department.
- Full medical, dental, vision, and life insurance.
If the General Counsel role sounds right for you, then please click apply!