A unique renewable energy that's mission is to significantly make a key contribution to the US's goal to achieve a net-zero carbon economy is looking to grow their legal team by adding a Deputy General Counsel to their team that is located in Monroe, Louisiana. The Deputy General Counsel will be the leading business partner to the company's Northern American activities and will have two direct reports.
This is an extremely unique position with a company that can pay competitively. If you are looking to join and innovative, established company, please don't hesitate to apply.
- Manage legal aspects of and deliver high-quality legal advice to the North American businesses
- Lead drafting, negotiation, and execution of contracts which will range in complexity and strategic importance
- Supervise all legal work that forms the North American businesses, ensuring at all times appropriate levels of internal/external legal support
- Oversee outside counsel
- Play a key role in the leadership team, including participation in key strategic activities, discussions, work prioritization and decisions
- Ensures the group complies with all laws and regulatory requirements
- Oversees the implementation of and compliance with key policies in the areas of business ethics, procurement and HR; work closely with the insurance team to manage insurance matters
- Qualified in US or Canadian jurisdiction (US preferably Louisiana/Mississippi/Alabama)
- 8+ years of experience at a law firm and/or in-house
- Experience in the Energy space
- Demonstrated experience in providing high-quality legal advice: excellent technical, analytical, drafting and negotiating skills
- Ability to be located in Monroe, Louisiana
If you could be interested in this position, don't hesitate to apply.