We are partnering with an Entrepreneurial Family Owned Company in South Carolina that is seeking an Associate Counsel to join their Legal team. You would report to the General Counsel and be part of a small Legal team responsible for IP, contracts (mainly manufacturing and distribution), and other legal matters . You will work closely with senior management and have exposure to diverse legal matters. This company is known for their American Success story and fostering a tight-knot culture.
- Negotiate and draft a wide variety of complex business contracts ( manufacturing, distribution, copyrights, NDAs, patents, etc.)
- Work closely with internal departments (e.g., supply chain, production, quality, marketing/sales, and regulatory/government affairs) to help ensure legal compliance in a variety of areas, such as intellectual property, social media, consumer protection/advertising, and various business transactions.
- Participate and provide guidance in complex business transactions.
- Spot key legal issues and identify potential risk mitigation across a range of subject matters.
- Perform other assigned duties as may be required in meeting company objectives.
- 3-5+ years of legal experience at a law firm
- Law degree from an accredited university
- An active license to practice law in South Carolina (or have the ability to acquire at least a license under Rule 405)
- IP experience
Please do not hesitate to apply if you are interested!