Assistant General Counsel - Labor and Employment (Hybrid/Remote):
A Multi-Billion Dollar healthcare company is looking to expand their legal team with this new Assistant General Counsel role focused on Labor and Employment. This individual should be well versed in federal, state, and local employment laws across all applicable states and surrounding U.S. Territories. This candidate will also head up the human resources team and hone their business development skills across a multinational company. This role will report directly to the General Counsel.
- Research related to federal, state, and local employment laws including pending and proposed legislation as well as benefit laws and employment tax.
- Readily conduct evaluation on possible outcomes to prepare for compliance, and act upon potential changes to departments and leadership as needed.
- Lead and engage with project leads, stakeholders, and departments with regards to business development and drafting of policies, controls, procedures, and communications.
- Work with various HR teams to develop training materials to ensure compliance with state regulations and compliance.
- Learn and develop unique company cultures, needs, and motivations to provide specialized employment compliance solutions.
- J.D. from an accredited law school and active membership in good standing with the Florida Bar Association
- 5-10 years of recent experience as an employment law attorney
- Ability to identify and consult with all appropriate stakeholders to evaluate appropriate legal course of action
- Experience in Compliance, HR, or business development (Preferred)
- Familiarity with FAR regulations and Service Contract Labor Standards Act (Preferred)
- Knowledge of employment law compliance in High risk and High activity states (Preferred)
If this sounds like you or if someone in your network might be interested, please feel free to reach out!