My client, a well-known alcohol beverage company, is seeking a highly skilled and experienced Vice President & Associate Counsel, Compliance and Ethics to join their legal team. The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 8 years of experience at a top law firm and/or in-house legal department and will be responsible for contributing to the strategic direction of the compliance function, implementing compliance controls and training, and achieving compliance with applicable laws and industry standards.
- Develop, review, and update compliance and ethics policies, procedures, and guidelines to align with relevant laws and regulations.
- Design, implement, and oversee compliance and ethics training programs for employees, management, and key stakeholders.
- Stay up-to-date with changing regulatory requirements and monitor the company's activities to ensure compliance.
- Create initiatives and communications to foster an ethical culture, encouraging employees to report concerns and seek guidance.
- Advice and Guidance: Provide legal counsel to the organization on compliance and ethics matters, offering guidance to resolve complex issues and decision-making processes.
- Serves as the main point of contact for regulatory compliance in the West Region and will be part of our continued work to develop and build out the Compliance & Ethics function
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams, including legal, HR, internal audit, and operations, to ensure a cohesive approach to compliance and ethics.
- Applies judgment and expertise in regulatory matters across compliance areas, especially as it relates to the laws, rules and regulations for the alcoholic beverage industry.
- Juris Doctor (JD) degree from an accredited law school.
- Active membership in the state bar association.
- Proven experience in legal practice, with a focus on compliance, ethics, or regulatory matters.
- High ethical standards, with a commitment to promoting ethical behavior within the organization.
- Alcohol beverage industry is a plus
- This role typically operates in a standard office environment, but may require occasional travel up to 25%.