One of the top Insurance Companies in the US is looking for an experienced Trial Attorney to represent clients with legal issues related to personal injury and/or damages, ranging from moderate to severe. This is a remote role, but must sit somewhere within Northern California as travel for in-person court appearances across the Bay Area and Silicon Valley will be needed as necessary. This offers the chance to do interesting and stimulating legal work, ranging from a mix of mid-to-complex cases involving all areas of tort practice, while offering the flexibility to sit remote on a day-to-day basis with a flexible schedule and no billable hours.
This hire will be responsible for representing the firm's clients in-person at court on all procedural and legal issues related to moderate or severe personal injury and/or damages. This includes, but is not limited to, the preparation of pleadings, motions, discovery, and briefs, attendance at hearings, conferences, interviews, trials or arbitrations, etc. Coordinating with the firm's Claims department on insurance policy questions as it relates to personal injury claims will be a primary task as well. Additionally, this candidate will be expected to independently carry out their case work with minimal supervision in an effective manner.
The firm is looking for candidates with at least 5+ years of experience as a practicing attorney covering insurance defense and with adequate civil jury trial experience. A Law School degree and being a member in good standing of the State Bar of California is required.
- Covering a large book of mid-to-complex cases involving all areas of tort practice
- Handling cases with legal and procedural issues related to injuries and/or damages
- Preparation of pleadings, motions, discovery, briefs, etc.
- Attending hearings, conferences, interviews, trials, and any other representation of the client as needed
- Liaising with the firm's Claims department on all matters and questions related to insurance policies and the legal aspects of handling personal injury claims
- Minimum of 5+ years of experience as a practicing attorney
- Prior in-person trial experience as it relates to insurance defense
- The ability to independently carry out case work with minimal supervision in an effective manner
- Must be able to travel to in-person court appearances in Northern California as needed (around the Bay Area and Silicon Valley)