An Apparel company is searching for a Global Senior Trade Compliance Manager to lead all aspects of their Trade Program and Customs transactions. This role will oversee global customs compliance and regulatory activities, managing US and Canada Customs brokers, and ensuring trade program participation and customs compliance.
- Lead the trade compliance team to ensure importing activities comply with governmental laws and regulations while minimizing compliance risks.
- Act as a subject matter expert in Country of Origin determination, HS code classification, and Free Trade Agreement analysis.
- Develop and maintain compliance manuals, systems, and procedures.
- Partner with management to advise on technical and business direction, including future state systems and partners for Global Customs compliance.
- Collaborate with Government Relations to represent and advocate for import, export, and transportation strategies.
- Coordinate with Finance, Tax, Legal, and Supply Chain to ensure compliance with internal financial objectives.
- Accountable for on-time Customs-related licensing, registrations, etc.
- Ensure post-entry audits are conducted in accordance with established compliance requirements.
- Limited travel expected (10%)
- Bachelor Degree
- 10+ years of experience in Customs and Trade Compliance with an Apparel company
- US Customs Broker License required
- Experience with US Customs Trade program management and Harmonized Tariff Classification for Apparel, Country of Origin determination, Trade program management, CF28/Audit responses. Logistics, transportation, manufacturing, and/or distribution.
- Working knowledge of US Customs ACE portal.
- Knowledge of Commercial Customs documentation for complex buy/sell arrangements and CTPAT compliance is a plus