A major organization recognized globally in the Financial Services industry is seeking a Senior Attorney with strong experience on commercial and employment transactions to join their team. This position reports directly to the General Counsel and involves frequent collaboration with Human Resources to advise on employment law and practices.
- Advise the company's business leaders and Human Resources on employment matters including wage and hour/payroll, employment discrimination, retaliation and accommodation; leaves of absence; wage/hour and payroll; worker classification; data privacy; layoffs and reorganizations; workplace injury; credit and criminal checks; waivers of claims etc.
- Handle employment-related disputes, including mediation and, if necessary, litigation
- Collaborate and manage outside counsel, as needed.
- Develop and conduct training programs for employees and management on a variety of relevant employment topics and best practices
- Support company's employment-based global mobility and immigration matters
- Work closely with HR to develop and update employment policies and procedures in line with legal requirements and industry standards
- License to practice law in the state of Minnesota or Illinois
- 8+ years Employment Law experience either in-house or through a law firm
- Experience with directly advising an HR division
- Experience with commercial contracting preferred
- Ability to communicate complex information to business stakeholders
- 3 Days Onsite Required