A $5bn+ growing global fintech is looking for an AVP of Fund Tax Compliance. This position will have oversight of tax reporting and communication for hedge and private equity fund of fund and access fund vehicles.
- Supervise and manage federal and state tax compliance for funds, including oversight of Schedule K-1 and tax estimate reporting.
- Verify and assess investor demographics essential for K-1 preparation, resolving discrepancies in source data with external parties.
- Monitor diverse internal and external calendars for various stakeholders such as investor relations, sales teams, and client relationship managers, ensuring adherence to client service expectations.
- Oversee the collection and distribution of tax information from underlying funds.
- Coordinate with multiple third-party tax preparers and administrators for the review of fund investment tax returns and K-1 preparation.
- Review tax allocations and various tax forms, including 1065, 1120/1120-F, 1042/8804, 8821, 8865/5471, 8621, 1099s, and foreign and state withholding calculations.
- Coordinate payments to taxing authorities in collaboration with the accounts payable team.
- Address federal and state tax notices for the funds, coordinating any necessary payment requests.
- Monitor and meet service level expectations, escalating issues to ensure timely processes.
- Handle client and investor inquiries related to tax matters.
- Document and uphold procedures, workflows, and metrics.
- Identify opportunities for process improvements.
- Participate in industry regulatory and tax forums.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance
- 3-8 years of tax experience
- CPA or master's degree in Tax is a plus
- Understand investment partnership taxation
- Strong Excel skills
- Comfortable learning new systems and technology