I am currently engaged on a unique in-house Private Funds Counsel role with one of the leading Asset Management companies in the world. This small, but dynamic group supports multiple investment teams directly by advising the business on a wide range of legal matters and having a voice on the strategic direction of the investment management business. The Chief Legal Officer of the investments arm is seeking an individual with deep experience in private fund formation and private fund structures. There is a clear pathway for growth with visibility up the chain and the CLO is a big proponent of work life balance, with just a two-day in office schedule.
- Draft and negotiate various investment management legal documentation, such as side letters, subscription agreements, partnership agreements, etc.
- Advise the business on co-investment transactions with other investment funds.
- Play a key role in transactions related to the transfer of LLP interests and secondary transactions.
- Strategize with business leaders regarding any regulatory issues and legal developments influencing investment funds and transactions.
- 5+ years of legal experience related to the investment management space either coming from a law firm or in-house background.
- Accredited law degree.
- Experience with investment regulations such as SEC mandates.
- Ability to interact with and influence senior management.
Location: New Jersey (Hybrid Return to Office)
Compensation: $340k - $360k All-in (Base, Bonus, Stock)
If you find this ad relevant to your experience and skills please apply, if not feel free to pass it around to anyone in your network who may be interested!