A dynamic and rapidly growing solar company at the forefront of renewable energy innovation is looking for a Project Finance Counsel. Their mission is to accelerate the global transition to clean and sustainable energy sources by developing and operating solar projects that make a positive impact on both the environment and local communities. With a commitment to excellence and a passion for sustainable development, they are seeking a talented and experienced Project Finance Counsel to join our legal team.
As a Project Finance specializing in Energy Project Finance and Development, you will play a pivotal role in advancing the company's mission by providing expert legal guidance and support in the areas of project finance, project development, and related transactions. You will work closely with cross-functional teams, senior management, external stakeholders, and legal partners to ensure the successful execution of solar/renewable energy projects and the compliance with all relevant legal and regulatory requirements.
- Structure, negotiate, and draft complex project finance agreements, including debt and equity financing, tax equity financing, and other financial arrangements.
- Collaborate with financial teams to develop innovative financing structures that optimize project economics while minimizing risks.
- Conduct due diligence on potential financing partners and contribute to securing funding for solar projects.
Collaboration and Leadership:
- Work collaboratively with internal teams, external legal counsel, and other stakeholders to achieve project goals and objectives.
- Provide mentorship and guidance to junior legal team members, fostering professional development and knowledge sharing.
- Juris Doctor (JD) degree from an accredited law school; admission to the bar in the relevant jurisdiction.
- Minimum of 5-10 years of legal experience, with a focus on project finance, renewable energy, or infrastructure development.
- Strong understanding of solar energy industry trends, project finance structures, and regulatory frameworks.
- Proven track record of negotiating and closing complex financing and development transactions.
- Excellent drafting, negotiation, and communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving abilities with a keen attention to detail.
- Demonstrated leadership and mentorship skills.