Director level opportunity at a top global bank in NYC!
JOB TITLE - Prime Brokerage Compliance Advisor
STRUCTURE - Hybrid
- Provide Compliance support to US Prime Brokerage business in developing appropriate controls and procedures to mitigate business and product specific regulatory risks
- Contribute to the development of the Prime Brokerage business control framework
- Advise on regulatory requirements related to Arranged Financing, Enhanced Leverage and Portfolio Margining programs
- Knowledge of regulations associated with Securities Prime Brokerage operations, including Regulation T, U, X and applicability of such regulations
- Partner with business and support functions to formalize plans for business expansion
- Interact with securities regulators and preparing applications required for regulatory approvals
- Work closely with Prime Brokerage Business Heads and Margin Control teams on the implementation of regulatory initiatives
- Train business and operations support teams on relevant rules and regulations
- Update Compliance policies and procedures to address current rules, regulations, and business model
- Assist in the responding to regulatory inquiries and regulatory examinations, audits and preparing compliance risk assessments
- The Compliance department acts as Second Line of Defense of the corporate banking, investment banking and broker-dealer activities across the Bank's operations, reporting on the compliance risks and issues to local, regional, and head office management.
- The staff provide the business lines with guidance on relevant laws, rules, and regulations applicable to their activities and the development of related policies, procedures, training, and controls.
- The department oversees compliance with external and internal rules that govern our banking and financial activities including Know Your Customer, anti-money laundering, anti-terrorism financing, sanctions & embargoes, client protection, market integrity, anti-bribery & corruption, and data protection.
- Additionally, it provides trade and communications surveillance, and manages transversal support functions that help the department achieve its goals
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- At least 10 years of relevant financial industry experience in Compliance, including experience providing Compliance support to a US Equity Prime Brokerage business.
- Strong knowledge of regulations governing prime brokerage and margin control processes, including arranged financing, enhanced leverage offerings and portfolio margining programs.
- Experience working directly with Margin Control teams.
- Ability to analyze complex situations and provide guidance in time sensitive situations.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Bachelor's degree.
NICE TO HAVE:
- Securities industry registrations (e.g., Series 7, 24)
- Advanced degree (e.g., J.D, MBA)