I am working with an Industry Leader in Venture Finance based out of the San Francisco Bay area who is looking to bring onboard In-House Legal Counsel to assist with all matters relating to the debt financing and equity capital financing solutions the firm offers. This is a top financial institution who aim to serve high-growth VC and PE backed companies throughout their lifespan, focusing on a broad variety of industries that receive investments from VC and PE sponsors. This role reports directly up to the Head of Legal for the firm and offers the chance for career growth.
This hire will primarily be responsible for drafting, reviewing, and negotiating all documents that relate to the firm's secured debt facilities and equity investments. Some of the documents this hire will be responsible for preparing and negotiating include secured loans, equity investment documents, warrant agreements for the purchasing of securities, inter-creditor and subordination agreements, and M&A documents related to the firm's debt facilities. Working with outside counsel for all domestic and international transactions, as well as generally advising internally on all legal matters related to secured debt facilities and coordinating with the investments and fundings team will be central functions of this role as well.
The firm is ideally looking for candidates with at least 5+ years in transactional, financing, or lending experience as a practicing attorney, either in-house or at a reputable law firm. A strong understanding of secured debt transactions and Uniform Commercial Code as it relates to all commercial transactions is required as well. Given the requirements of the role, excellent communication skills and interpersonal skills will be needed as well to liaise with senior management and cross-functionally with different teams across the business.
- Drafting, reviewing, and negotiating all documents related to the firm's secured debt facilities and equity investments
- Preparing and negotiating documents that include, but are not limited to: secured loans, equity investment documents, warrant agreements for the purchasing of securities, inter-creditor and subordination agreements, M&A documents, NDAs etc.
- Providing overall counsel and advising internally on all legal matters related to secured debt facilities
- Work collaboratively with the firm's investments and fundings teams
- 5+ years of experience as an attorney in the practice areas of transactions, financing, or lending. Further experience in corporate, securities, bankruptcy, etc. is a plus.
- Strong understanding of secured debt transactions and Uniform Commercial Code
- Member of a State Bar in good standing