Our client is a leading, growing Renewable Energy company that specializes in on and offsite solar, microgrids, battery storage, CCHP, and more. With a mission to provide reliable and affordable clean energy solutions, they are dedicated to reaching a better world through renewable energy and sustainable practices. As the General Counsel, you will work alongside senior-level executives to provide legal guidance on matters relating to regulatory compliance and risk management, including the development of strategies to mitigate risks associated with our business activities. This is an exciting opportunity to join one of the fastest-developing companies in the industry and take part in its continuous prosperity.
- Draft, negotiate, and review a wide variety of complex company contracts, including PPAs, NDAs, EPC, O&M, and tax equity and other debt and equity financing agreements.
- Provide legal advice to senior executives across a range of matters.
- Develop and maintain a strong understanding of the renewable energy industry and emerging trends.
- Ensure compliance with legal, contractual, and risk management policies to minimize and limit corporate liability, manage risk, and optimize the value of contracts.
- Oversee compliance with applicable statutes and regulations, review pertinent laws and regulations, and provide legal advice concerning the same.
- Minimum of 10 years of commercial and/or corporate law experience, with a focus on the renewable energy industry, specifically solar.
- Must hold a Juris Doctor (JD) law degree and license to practice law in Connecticut or qualify as "authorized house counsel" under the Connecticut Bar Association rules.
- Strong understanding of regulatory compliance and risk management in the renewable energy industry.
- Demonstrated experience drafting and negotiating complex commercial agreements (i.e., EPC, PPAs, O&Ms, etc.).
- Experience managing external legal counsel.
- Ability to be in the office 4 days a week.
Please don't hesitate to apply if you're interested in renewable energy and want to learn more information about this position.