The Fund Finance Central Services team at a global fintech is looking for a Tax Associate or Tax AVP to assist in maintaining private equity and hedge fund procedures by collaborating with outside tax preparers and administrators. The main objective is to ensure prompt tax reporting and effective communication, while also striving for ongoing enhancements in the overall processes.
- Organize and supervise the fund federal and state tax compliance, as well as Schedule K-1 and tax estimate reporting.
- Adjust and examine the investor demographics required for preparing K-1s, and work with third parties to address any disparities in the source data.
- Observe several internal and external schedules for diverse stakeholders, including sales teams, investor relations, and client relationship managers, and comply with client service standards.
- Oversee the distribution and acquisition of tax data from underlying funds.
- Manage the coordination of several outside tax preparers and administrators for the purpose of reviewing fund investment tax returns and preparing K-1s.
- Look over tax allocations as well as tax forms: 1065, 1099s, etc.
- Coordinate payments due to taxing authorities with accounts payable team.
- Answer to federal and state tax alerts for the funds and coordinate any payment claims.
- Take part in forums dedicated to industry regulations and taxation.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance
- 3-8 years of tax related experience
- Master's degree in tax related field or CPA preferred
- Has an understanding of investment partnership taxation
- Strong Excel skills
- Able to learn new systems and technology in a timely manner
- The ability to work as a team player in a fast-paced, demanding environment, as well as individually, with a confidence in multi-tasking
- Strong verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
Benefits and Logistics:
- Salary range of $80,000-$130,000
- Equity for full-time employees
- Annual bonus based on performance
- Matched retirement plan
- Healthcare including medical, dental vision, parental leave, and mental health support
- Unlimited PTO