A global top investment bank is searching for a Compliance Officer to sit in the control room with a focus on research, conflicts clearing, information barriers, and wall crossings.
JOB TITLE - Control Room Compliance Officer
STRUCTURE - Hybrid
- Provide Firm Compliance policy guidance with respect to Information Barriers and Investment Banking Conflicts of Interest.
- Conduct training on the Firm's policies and procedures relating to Information Barriers. Monitor securities law and related rules and regulation in this area.
- Maintain and update the firm's Watch and Restricted Lists.
- Coordinate and record Wall Crossings.
- Conduct day-to-day review and clearance of the firm's research publications in compliance with research compliance rules (e.g., Rules 138/139) and to identify potential conflicts of interest. Liaise where necessary with the business, Supervisory Analysts, Compliance and Legal.
- Conduct review of Investment Banking transactions for potential conflicts of interest and maintain the Conflicts monitoring system. Liaise where necessary with the business, Compliance and Legal.
- Support Investment Banking Compliance Coverage in executing the Investment Banking Compliance program, including compliance risk assessments and reporting.
- Chaperone interactions between the Investment Banking and the Research.
- Conduct firm position monitoring and respective regulatory filings pursuant to Section 13D, 13G and 16 of the Securities Act. Perform quarterly Section 13F filings,
- Assist in the development of the Control Room Compliance program including, policy and technology developments.
- Liaise with the Surveillance team regarding potential issues with respect to Watch and Restricted List trading activities.
- Effectively partner, and work closely with other Compliance teams, including Bank Regulatory; Regulatory Change and Policy; Licensing and Registration; Personal Account Dealing, including Outside Business Activities and Personal Investments; and Surveillance.
- Liaise with Europe and Asia Control Rooms to ensure global consistency where necessary and/or desirable.
- Assist in the conduct of internal and regulatory inquiries and investigations, as necessary.
- Coordinate Compliance issue management, escalation, and reporting.
- The US Compliance department carries out Second Line of Defense monitoring of the corporate banking, investment banking and broker-dealer activities across The Bank's US operations, reporting on the compliance risks and issues to local, regional, and head office management.
- The staff provide the business lines with guidance on relevant laws, rules, and regulations applicable to their activities and the development of related policies, procedures, training, and controls.
- The department ensures compliance with US securities, banking, and anti-money laundering and sanctions regulations, oversees key processes and risks of the Know-Your-Customer program.
- Additionally, it provides trade and communications surveillance, and manages transversal support functions that help the department achieve its goals.
- Bachelor's degree (JD desirable, securities licenses a plus)
- At least 3-5 years relevant financial industry experience in compliance for Control Room, including Research
- Solid understanding of securities regulation particularly information barrier / conflicts clearance practices and research rules.
- Ability to analyze complex situations and provide guidance in time sensitive situations. Resolve issues quickly and effectively.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent organizational, oral, and written communication skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Strong interpersonal skills. Must be team player.
- Strong work ethic and professionalism.
- Adaptability and flexibility in a changing environment.