Our client is a Venture Capital firm in the Bay Area with a large portfolio which sponsors public and private investment programs for various investors. They are looking to add to their legal team and hire a Mid/Senior Associate Counsel with 4+ years of experience. This position would report directly to the CEO and would immediately step into a major role on the Legal Team with company-wide exposure.
The Associate Counsel will be responsible for:
- Drafting and negotiating documentation regarding relevant financial transactions (i.e. venture debt, the leasing of equipment, etc.)
- Act as a supervisor in the administration of funding transactions
- Manage the entire life-cycle of transactions
- Maintain an up-to-date legal knowledge in order to ensure our client's continued compliance with relevant regulations
- Address any significant legal inquiries
- Provide legal support for various ad hoc projects
The Associate Counsel should have the following qualifications:
- Licensed and in good standing with the California Bar
- 5+ years of relevant work experience in the Financial Services industry (which includes Private Equity and Real Estate), with a preference for compliance or private funds experience
- Experience drafting, negotiating, and executing contracts and transactions
- Comfortability communicating with the C-Suite of an organization
- Excellent time management, and work ethic
- The ability to confidently lead a team and to take initiative independently
If this role sounds compatible with you, don't hesitate to apply!