Our Client is a renowned leader in the power and renewable energy sector, committed to transforming the global energy landscape through sustainable solutions. Their mission is to provide clean, reliable, and accessible energy to power a brighter future for all. With a strong focus on innovation, sustainability, and social responsibility, we are driving positive change in the industry.
Our Client is seeking a highly qualified and motivated Associate Counsel to join our legal team. As the Associate Counsel, you will play a pivotal role in ensuring that our operations comply with all relevant regulatory requirements and that we continue to lead the way in sustainable energy development.
- Provide legal guidance and support to our business units, particularly in matters related to regulatory compliance within the power and renewable energy sector, including ISO/RTO tariffs, FERC, and NERC regulations.
- Monitor and analyze changes in federal, state, and local regulations affecting our operations and proactively advise on necessary actions.
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders to develop and implement strategies to navigate complex regulatory environments.
- Draft and review legal documents, contracts, and agreements pertaining to regulatory matters.
- Represent the company in regulatory proceedings, negotiations, and interactions with government agencies.
- Keep abreast of industry trends, best practices, and emerging regulatory issues.
- Manage and mentor junior legal staff as necessary.
- Juris Doctor (JD) degree from an accredited law school.
- Active membership in the bar association of the state you are practicing in.
- 5+ years of legal experience, with a strong background in regulatory and compliance matters related to the energy industry.
- Excellent knowledge of federal, state, and local energy regulations and policies.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and remotely while maintaining a high level of productivity.
- Experience in renewable energy or sustainable development is a plus
- Located in DC or NYC
If you fit these qualifications, feel free to apply directly.