The role will primarily be responsible for working with SEC reporting to draft proxy statements and advise on disclosure issues, drafting portions of SEC filings such as 10Qs, 10Ks, 8Ks, etc., managing NYSE compliance, as well as supporting the Corporate Secretary function including tasks such as subsidiary management and preparing board meetings, along with counsel on general corporate governance matters (vendor contracts, etc).
The firm is ideally looking for candidates with a mix of experience both at a major law firm and in-house, covering SEC reporting and overall corporate securities work. This candidate must have a law degree from an ABA accredited law school and eligible for admission as in-house counsel in the state of Nevada. A deep understanding of how SEC regulations apply to public companies is required given the nature of the work.
- Assist with the preparation of periodic SEC filings (10Ks, 10Qs, 8Ks, proxy statements, etc).
- Drafting Proxy and advising on disclosure issues
- Ensuring NYSE compliance with '34 Act requirements
- Support the corporate secretary function involving assisting with preparation for board and committee meetings
- Oversee subsidiary management
- Other general corporate governance work as dependent on needs and specific skillset
- At least 3-5+ years of relevant corporate securities experience, ideally a mix of both in-house (ideally a public company) and law firm
- Law degree from an ABA accredited law school and eligible for admission as in-house counsel in the state of Nevada
- Strong understanding of how SEC regulations apply to public companies