A global leader in the reinsurance and financial services industry is looking for a VP of Regulatory Investment Accounting to join their Finance leadership team. A major focus of the role will be on leading and managing the strategy for the Investment Accounting function at a multinational organization. While reporting to the Chief Investment Officer, the position creates a path for professional growth and developmental opportunities in the reinsurance, insurance and financial services industry. The opportunity will sit in St. Louis
- Collaborate with the Chief Investment Officer and senior Investment Department members to align on investment goals, compliance matters, and reporting requirements.
- Act as the primary point of contact for various departments within the organization, such as finance, investments, tax, and treasury
- Ensure accurate and timely reporting of investment-related balances, including assets, liabilities, expenses, and income, adhering to GAAP, regulatory, tax, and management accounting standards
- Responsible for all aspects related to investment accounts, such as: conducting analyses, and preparing reports, and presenting investment performance updates to senior management
- Assist in evaluating investment-related risks by developing analytic reports to review potential asset impairments, credit concentration, and unrealized losses.
- Manage the team's workflow, establish and monitor quality goals, and review the work completed while leading initiatives aimed at enhancing process efficiency, strengthening controls over investment accounting, and improving management reporting
- Provide mentorship and guidance to associates/ direct reports for their development while preforming management duties such as hiring, training, and evaluating associates
- Collaborate with Finance leadership team members to develop goals, plans, and budgets that align with division and company objectives and manage operations accordingly
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, or equivalent work experience
- 8+ years of Accounting or Auditing experience, investment accounting experience preferred
- Expert knowledge of accounting/finance, including investment accounting and GAAP and statutory requirements.
- Management experience required
- Insurance or Reinsurance experience preferred
- CPA or CFA preferred (active or inactive)
- Highly advanced people management skills, demonstrating an ability to lead, mentor and develop associates
- Competitive total compensation package
- Full benefits (medical, vision, dental and 401k)
- Opportunities for growth