Assist in facilitating tax research, planning, and compliance procedures for a multinational insurance holding company, its affiliated property and casualty insurance entities, and non-insurance subsidiaries. These entities, operating through insurance carriers, provide specialized property and casualty insurance products such as workers' compensation, commercial automobile, general liability insurance, as well as extended service and warranty coverage.
This role operates on a weekly hybrid model, with three days a week in the office and two days remote.
- Collaborate in the preparation of corporate insurance tax returns and accompanying workpapers, including insurance income tax returns, franchise filings, annual reports, excise tax submissions, state income tax returns, and premium tax returns, both on an annual and quarterly basis.
- Ensure the timely filing of occupational license taxes and municipal tax returns for insurance companies.
- Aid in creating the quarterly and annual income tax provision for insurance subsidiaries in accordance with ASC 740 (formerly Statement 109: Accounting for Income Taxes) and SSAP 101 (Statement of Statutory Accounting Principles No. 101).
- Contribute to the preparation of footnote disclosures for quarterly and annual financial statements following Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and Statutory Accounting standards.
- Be responsible for researching and addressing state, local, and premium tax notices.
- Assist in coordinating and supporting federal and state tax examinations conducted by various tax authorities.
- Reconcile and analyze general ledger tax accounts for insurance companies.
- Manage federal and state income tax software systems for all company entities.
- Oversee state premium tax software systems for insurance companies.
- Experience with OneSource Income Tax or similar tax preparation software.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel.
- Highly organized with acute attention to detail.
- Effective time management skills to meet deadlines.
- Excellent verbal and written communication abilities.
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting.
- Advanced training, such as a CPA designation or a Masters of Tax, is preferred but not required.
- A minimum of 2 years of tax experience in public accounting or industry, or an equivalent combination of experience, is necessary.