A prominent SEC registered investment adviser and a key business unit of a Global Investment Manager is seeking a Vice President, Counsel to be based in their Boston office. You will be joining a tight-knit team of legal experts in the heart of Boston while collaborating closely with our seasoned lawyers and paralegals in New York.
As the sole attorney in our Boston office, you'll play a pivotal role in supporting the groups thriving fixed income investment management and global equity teams. Your responsibilities will include drafting, reviewing, and negotiating investment management agreements, providing legal and regulatory guidance on product development, offering day-to-day support for our fixed income team, and much more.
- Drafting, reviewing, and negotiating investment management agreements for diverse clients.
- Providing legal and regulatory counsel on product structuring and distribution.
- Collaborating with compliance professionals on legal and regulatory issues.
- Reviewing and negotiating counterparty trading agreements.
- Staying up-to-date on regulatory developments and industry trends.
- Reviewing and negotiating vendor contracts.
- JD and bar membership.
- Strong knowledge of the US Investment Advisers Act and fixed income portfolio management.
- Familiarity with ERISA plan investment issues and the Commodity Exchange Act.
- Working knowledge of the US Investment Company Act.
- Understanding of international investment adviser regulations.
- Proficiency in private placements.
- Exceptional ability to work independently and as a team player.
- Strong leadership and interpersonal skills.
- Outstanding communication, negotiation, and organizational abilities.
If you're ready to make an impact in the world of asset management and join a dynamic team, apply now.