An industry leading and well lead medical equipment manufacturing firm is actively seeking a Senior Corporate Counsel as their first legal hire to build out their legal department and assist with the firm to go public. This Massachusetts based firm needs a superstar, with the ability to make a measurable impact for the legal department and will serve as the sole point of contact for SEC matters, commercial contracts, working with outside counsel on board matters and equity financing. This role will have you directly reporting to the CFO and allow one to take on a major leadership role within the firm.
The Senior Corporate Counsel will be responsible for:
- Draft, review, and negotiate a wide range of commercial contracts as well as advise internally with business clients.
- Collaborate closely with cross-functional teams to communicate and address risks for business objectives.
- Prepare and review SEC filings, including 10-Ks, 10-Qs, 8-Ks, and proxy statements to name a few.
- Prepare the firm to be able to operate as a publicly traded company from a legal, compliance, and regulatory standpoint.
- Design and deliver compliance programs and training to employees.
- Develop and implement a wide range of internal policies.
The Senior Corporate Counsel should have the following qualifications:
- Admitted to practice in Massachusetts or eligible for Massachusetts In-House Counsel Registration.
- JD required.
- 5+ years of corporate legal experience at a law firm and/or in-house for a publicly traded company.
- Deep understanding of Securities Act and Exchange Act.
- Strong attention to detail and follow-up.
- Self-motivated and an excellent team player with a track record of working well in a team environment.
- A leadership opportunity.
- A measurable impact on building out a legal department.
- Hybrid work environment.
If you are interested in the Senior Corporate Counsel role, then please don't hesitate to apply!