A leading retail and e-commerce company headquartered in New York City is looking to hire a Senior Regulatory and Compliance Manager.
This individual will report into the General Counsel and work closely with other business leaders as the team navigates the regulatory challenges that come with a fast-growing company. This individual will serve as a key partner to a range of cross-functional teams, including Retail Operations, People Operations, Finance, Risk, Legal and Compliance teams. This role would sit at the company's headquarters in New York City and report into the office on a hybrid model.
- Develop a deep understanding of the firm's business and operations, and all of the rules, regulations, ordinances, and other requirements
- Take ownership of all regulatory related affairs to guarantee the company meets all applicable regulations and requirements in the jurisdictions in which Firm operates
- Lead regulatory and compliance set-up including research on regulatory and compliance requirements for the company to open and maintain retail studios in new markets/jurisdictions. Along with obtaining up-to-date permits, licenses, and insurance policies.
- Provide effective regulatory and compliance trainings for employees.
- At least 5 years of relevant experience in regulatory affairs, compliance, government affairs, or legal operations
- Business-oriented approach to recognizing needs, solving problems, and anticipating issues
- Strong communication skills, ability to collaborate effectively, and work successfully independently
- In-depth knowledge or understanding of regulatory and compliance programs, compliance risk management practices, and methodologies