An industry leading international life insurance group is seeking an experienced Corporate Governance Attorney to head up the group's Office of Corporate Secretary function. Due to the organization's tremendous success, they have dedicated the past year to building out their legal team. This is an exciting opportunity to work alongside internal and external stakeholders daily, and manage a small team.
- Coordinate board and committee meetings, materials, and various forms of legal entity record keeping.
- Play a key part in the coordination and administration of key facets of Board and Board committee meetings
- Ensure effective corporate governance by providing information on governance best practices, revising governance guiding documents and advising on effective governance and performance of the Board
- Maintain up-to-date records of Board and committee composition
- Participate in the development of an annual Board budget
- JD is required
- 5+ years of related corporate governance experiences
- Experience as a corporate secretary preferred; Insurance industry or regulated institution experience is a plus