This position provides support to the Compliance Manager and performs related activities. This position assists in the design, implementation, and oversight of the Compliance Program for the UPS Defined Benefit Pension Plans (the "Plans") and helps ensure the Plans follow industry and regulatory standards (which may include but are not limited to Employee Retirement Income Security Act [ERISA], Generally Accepted Accounting Principles, Sarbanes-Oxley, and Security Exchange Commission [SEC] rules) as well as UPS's policies and procedures. This position interfaces with the Investments staff with respect to new and existing investment activity (e.g., performs legal and operational due diligence on new investments) and advises project managers on contract documentation needed to support investments. This position coordinates with internal and external counsel, investment managers, and service providers to implement or modify legal agreements.
- Supervises the Compliance function related to the administration of the Plans
- Reviews and advises on contract documentation and class actions
- Assists in contract negotiations (e.g. IMA, LPA, vendor agreements, etc.)
- Ensures appropriate governance documents are executed
- Manages Plan's regulatory compliance requirements under ERISA, DOL, FATCA, SEC, and Dodd-Frank to ensure compliance
- Oversees structure and usage of "FactSet" and "Diligend" file management systems, including ensuring relevant legal and compliance records (amendments, disputes, discovery), and operational due diligence reports are maintained
- Completes Know Your Customer (KYC) documentation in relation to the Plans' investments
- Confirms applicability and compliance with foreign filing and tax reclaim requirements.