An industry leading and well lead health-tech firm is actively seeking an Associate General Counsel to lead their Strategy and Procurement vertical within their Commercial Legal Team. This Virginia based firm needs a superstar, with the ability to make a measurable impact for the legal department and will serve as a main point of contact for M&A transactions, corporate strategy and development, commercial legal matters, and a variety of different contracts. This role will have 2 direct reports and report directly to the General Counsel/Head of Commercial Legal and allow one to take on a major leadership role within the firm.
The Associate General Counsel will be responsible for:
- Lead the Strategy and Procurement vertical within the Commercial Legal Team from counseling, drafting, and assisting in negotiation of procurement legal matters, corporate strategy, and corporate development to name a few.
- Collaborate closely with cross-functional teams to communicate and address risks for business objectives.
- Oversee, train, hire, develop, and build a team of attorneys, contract specialists, or other legal professionals.
- Independently review, draft, and negotiate highly complex acquisition agreements, strategic partnerships agreements, data use agreements, and many others as well.
- Significant exposure to the Executive Leadership Team.
- Develop and implement a wide range of internal policies.
The Associate General Counsel should have the following qualifications:
- 3+ years of experience in the health care industry.
- JD required and good standing member of the bar in at least one state.
- 10+ years of corporate legal experience at a law firm and/or in-house for a public or private company.
- 3+ years experience of managing junior attorneys and legal support staff.
- Deep understanding of legal corporate and acquisition matters.
- Self-motivated and an excellent team player with a track record of working well in a team environment.
- A leadership opportunity.
- A measurable impact on building out a legal department.
- Fully remote capabilities.
If you are interested in the Associate General Counsel role, then please don't hesitate to apply!