A major social media platform is currently in search of a Privacy Counsel to join either their LA-based or NYC-based office(s) to support their product and media platforms to ensure compliance with privacy regulations.
- Assist Privacy Legal team with FTC privacy compliance requirements
- Counsel clients on protecting personally identifiable information and infrastructure as well as other issues arising under domestic data security and privacy laws and regulations, including the CCPA, CAN-SPAM, COPPA, TCPA, and GLBA cybersecurity requirements and breach notification laws.
- Assist clients in navigating international data privacy matters, including complying with the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and selecting appropriate cross-border data transfer mechanisms.
- Counsel clients on data breach response and associated enforcement proceedings.
- Juris Doctor (J.D.) required
- 5+ years of experience minimum
- Proficiency in data privacy and data security laws, including: GDPR, CCPA, etc.
- Working with product and engineering teams a plus
- Competitive compensation package (bonus and equity eligible)
- Full Benefits (medical/dental/vision/401k)
- Hybrid-work friendly