One of the most well-respected Boston-based Investment Fund managers is seeking an early career individual at a Law Firm with corporate/transactional experience to join their Legal team in Boston. You will support various internal business teams such as the Deal team in transactional matters, general corporate matters, and investment advisory matters. They are not looking for an Attorney with all these skills, but rather entrepreneurial minded individuals that are willing to expand their skillset.
- Review, draft, and negotiate term sheets, bid letters, confidentiality agreements, and other documents related to portfolio investment transactions
- Develop new investment structures and relationships with tax and finance professionals and outside counsel as part of ongoing operations of investment vehicles
- Assess portfolio investments with the assistance of outside counsel
- Provide a review and summary of regulatory developments in the U.S., the EU, and other countries
- Negotiate swaps, repos, and other trading agreements with counterparties
- J.D. degree and 2-5 years relevant law firm experience
- Provides high quality work in a fast-paced environment, meets deadlines, and manages multiple tasks simultaneously
- Enthusiastic, and possesses analytical clarity and creativity
- Practical solutions in the face of business tradeoffs
- Eager to learn, problem solve, and approach tasks with initiative
Don't hesitate to apply if you are interested in learning more!