A reinsurance carrier well-known in the Property & Casualty space is looking to expand with a new addition to their legal team. This position will report directly to the Associate General Counsel and should have both transactional and litigation experience within the Insurance industry.
- JD from an accredited law school and license to practice in the state of Illinois
- 2+ years of legal experience with a focus on insurance/reinsurance transactions and litigation
- Ability to work independently and collaborate well with cross-functional teams
- Provide legal advice on all aspects of insurance/reinsurance laws and regulations
- Draft and negotiate various commercial contracts that align with the company's business objectives, advise internal clients and negotiate with third-party vendors
- Advise on domestic and international compliance matters related to corporate, information security, and insurance obligations
- Prepare insurance company filings on an annual and quarterly basis with U.S. state and federal regulatory authorities.
- Advise on commercial insurance matters, such as policy and contract construction, reinsurance, and coverage issues
- Competitive base pay with impressive bonus structure
- Extensive health plans for employees and their families
- 401(k) matching
If interested in this role, please apply in at your earliest convenience!