Our client is an International Investment Bank looking for a new legal counsel that has experience in the capital markets
- Provide comprehensive legal support and advice for investment bank debt capital market transactions. Identify and mitigate legal risks.
- Work closely with external legal counsels to prepare, review, and negotiate various legal documents and provide comments, including but not limited to confidentiality agreements, mandate letters, terms and conditions of bonds, broker contracts with investors, transaction documents such as subscription agreements, fee letters, comfort letters, legal opinions, etc.
- Manage potential disputes, such as litigations, and provide resolutions.
- Initiate and lead projects to implement new regulations in the DCM area to ensure compliance. Participate in the formulation and implementation of various legal risk management policies and manuals of the Hong Kong Branch.
- Represent Bank of China to participate in discussions with the ICMA and regulatory authorities about new laws and regulations, market practices and provide feedback.
- Conduct legal research and trainings, analyze legal and compliance issues, and provide solutions or advise business managers or department heads on legal issues and regulatory matters.
- Minimum 6 years post-qualification, Commonwealth, US, UK, or Hong Kong qualified. Dual qualifications preferred.
- Experience gained from reputable international law firms or financial services industry, with extensive experience in handling debt capital market transactions in Hong Kong.
- Familiarity with capital markets rules, securities laws and regulations (such as Securities and Futures Ordinance and SFC Code of Conduct, US securities regulations, etc.), DCM market practices, and financial products.
- Strong analytical, drafting, and communication skills.
- Proactive, solutions-driven with the ability to work independently.
If you think this role is suitable for your profile, click on apply so we could reach out to understand more.