We have partnered with a world-leading Life Science Institution that is seeking an experienced Paralegal to support the Intellectual Property group and all of their operations as part of their growing Team. The position will allow you to collaborate with Legal Staff, Institute faculty, business partners, and external stakeholders as you play an essential role in supporting the functions of the group. This is a fantastic opportunity for a paralegal looking to move In-House with a leading Life Science Institution that offers tremendous potential for growth.
- Assist the group the management of all relevant Intellectual property functions
- Support prosecution activity in defense of institutional assets
- Assist other paralegals, attorneys, and agents on managing the dockets and advising of deadlines; prepares and distributes docket or other status reports as directed.
- Reviews and organizes patent documents and files; ensures emails and documents are properly filed according to filing protocols
- BA/BS degree with 2-5 years of relevant professional Intellectual Property and or Paralegal experience (Strong preference towards those with a Life Science, BioTech, or Pharma background)
- Law Firm experience is preferred
- Strong writing skills, with the ability to communicate clearly, concisely, and professionally across all levels of the organization
- Ability to handle multiple matters simultaneously and efficiently, with an eye toward prioritization, attention to detail, and follow up