We have partnered with a top financial institution in Boston known for Investment Management, Private Banking, and Investor Services. They are seeking a Funds Associate to join their Legal Department in Boston to advise investment professionals and other business units on mutual fund activities, open and closed-end funds, SEC filings, and Investment Advisers Act issues. This is an incredible opportunity for an Attorney looking to move to a renowned investment manager and gain mentorship opportunities from senior individuals on the Legal team.
- Provide regulatory support to various funds and clients.
- Draft registration statement updates, new fund registration statement amendments & supplements to prospectuses & SAIs
- Oversee the filing with the SEC
- Offer support/input on issues that pertain to federal securities laws such as:
- Investment Company and Investment Advisers Acts and other laws, rules, and regulations affecting mutual funds
- JD and prior mutual fund experience
- Knowledge/hands on experience with the Investment Advisers Act is a plus
- Strong communication, presentation, and analytical thinking skills
- Ability to drive issues and projects to positive resolution
- A collaborative mindset is encouraged!